Feels Like The Third Time LP / CD (Thrill Jockey) BUY IT
1. My Old Drunk Friend (Irwin)
2. Put My Little Shoes Away (traditional)
3. Forgettable Song (Irwin)
4. Crazy Man (Irwin)
5. Pale Horse (Bailes/Staggs)
6. You Make Me (N. Lowe)
7. You've Never Been This Far Before (C. Twitty)
8. Dream Girl (Irwin)
9. Sleeping On Hold (Bean)
10. Amelia Earhart (D. McEnry)
11. Are You Ready (Irwin)
12. Lullaby (Irwin)
Pictured on the cover photo is Jenny Cattlett, a friend of the band.
1994.01.08 FW play the MiddleEast Upstairs, Chicago.
1994.05.14 FW play The Empty Bottle, Chicago.
1994.05.15 FW support Liz Phair along with Veruca Salt at the Metro, Chicago.
1994.05.19 FW play Knust, Hamburg, Germany.
1994.06.06 FW play KulturKeller, Fulda, Germany.
1994.07.24 FW play with Dolly Varden at the Double Door, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
1994 Catherine appears, briefly, in the "cult music roadmovie" Half-Cocked. You can watch the entire film here.
The band is profiled in a Rolling Stone article about up-and-comers, alongside Shudder to Think and Guided by Voices. Bettina Richards, who signed EDD to Atlantic, begins the independent Thrill Jockey records. Freakwater and EDD join their artist roster.
June 6, 1994
1. A Song You Could Cry For (Irwin)
2. Are You Ready (Irwin)
3. Dream Girl (Irwin)
4. Childish Love (Ira & Charlie Louvin)
5. Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain (Nelson)
6. My Old Drunk Friend (Irwin)
7. Little Girl and the Dreadful Snake (Monroe)
8. Kentucky (Ira & Charlie Louvin)
9. Forgettable Song (Irwin)
10. Rank Strangers (A. Brumley)
11. Crazy Man (Ira & Charlie Louvin)
12. Put My Little Shoes Away (traditional)
13. Lullaby (Irwin)
14. Family Tradition (Irwin/Bean), mislabeled as
"Count Me Out"
This live recording documents the last show of Freakwater's month-long tour of Europe that year. Bob Egan, the hired gun who played pedal steel for them at that time, writes on his web site of how he suffered an emotional breakdown prior to the show, so I guess the folks in the band had had their fill of each other by that point. Fortunately, frayed nerves don't show on the recording. 1000 copies exist.